Why Should I Join the Mentor Program?
What can I do
with my degree?
Should I go to graduate
or professional school?
Where do I see
myself in five years?
Thank you for your interest in the 2020-2021 BioSci Mentor Program. Applications for this year are no longer being accepted. We hope you will join us for next year’s program when registration opens in late September.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn From Experts
- Initiating and maintaining contact with your mentor.
- Setting realistic expectations regarding method and frequency of communication with your mentor.
- Communicating clearly your interests and needs, and working with your mentor to set realistic goals.
- Working with your mentor to achieve a specific goal.
- Receiving career and academic advice and constructive feedback about personal and professional skills.
- Learning about specific jobs, career paths, industries, and organizational cultures.
- Pursuing networking opportunities.
- Listening to your mentor.
Steps for Completing the Mentee Application
Complete Your Mentee Profile
Register at your earliest opportunity to participate in the program by completing your Mentee Profile Form below. Mentee registration opens Monday, September 28 and closes Monday, October 19, 2020.
Review Potential Mentors
Review all posted mentor profiles to become familiar with potential mentors with whom you may be interested in being matched.
Encouraged to Attend the Mentor Program Kickoff Event
Mentors and mentees will have an opportunity to meet one another and learn more about the program via Zoom. We request that you make a special effort to attend this event and meet mentors who you may be interested in being matched with. SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, October 22, 2020.
Return Online to Indicate Your Top 3 Choices
Once you decide your top three choices for your potential mentor, return to your profile to complete this online process by indicating your choices in order of preference. DEADLINE: Friday, November 6, 4:30pm PST.
Contact Your Mentor
Once a match has been confirmed through the Mentor Program, you will be notified by email with the results. We recommend you then initiate contact with your mentor.
Encouraged to Attend Networking Night #1
Date and details to come.
Encouraged to Attend Networking Night #2 and Wrap-Up Party
Date and details to come.
The partnership between mentor and student is built upon trust, respect, and professionalism.
- Mentee registration opens on Monday, September 28 and closes on Monday, October 19.
- Register for the Mentor Program Kickoff Zoom event by Friday, October 16.
- Select your Top 3 Mentor choices beginning Thursday, October 22, 6:45pm PST through Friday, November 6, 4:30pm PST.
- Register* for the Mentor Program Networking Night #1 – date to be determined.
- Register* for the Mentor Program Networking Night #2 – date to be determined.
* Registration not yet open.