Start Your Year Off Right
Not sure where to begin your undergraduate career at UCI BioSci? No problem! We’ve made a list of
activities and tips to make your first year memorable and successful.
- Look through this website for information on events, programs, and community information.
- Stop in at Biological Sciences III, Room 1011 and find out about the services available to you from the BioSci Student Affairs Office.
- If you need some help with your studies, take advantage of the free Peer Tutoring program.
- If you’re thinking about entering one of the health professions after graduation, make an appointment to meet with a Health Science Advisor in the BioSci Student Affairs Office.
- Study hard, but don’t be all work and no play. Make friends, explore new activities, exercise, eat right and get enough sleep. A well-balanced life will make you even more successful!
- Look for all the Peter the Anteater statues and benches across campus.
- Walk, run or bike the Mountains to the Sea Trail.
- Take a nap in Aldrich Park.
- Grab a free donut and introduce yourself to BioSci Dean Frank LaFerla at the quarterly “Donuts with the Dean.”
- Plan to attend the Dean’s Distinguished and Allergan Lecture Series talks for fascinating information from our professors and colleagues.
- Need a quiet place to unplug and connect with yourself? Visit the Student Center’s Meditation Space
- Keep an eye on the BioSci calendar and social media for upcoming events!